Your Professional and Unique Translation Service
BigBabbling – the no.1 online translation agency in Spain. Native translators and a fast, high-quality service at the best price on the market.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below you will find a list of the questions most frequently asked by our translators and the corresponding answers. We hope this list will be of help.
1. How can I start working with BigBabbling?
At BigBabbling we only collaborate with qualified and experienced professional translators whose profiles correspond to our strict requirements. If you would like to join our team, one of our project managers must first assess your application and then decide whether to approve it. Once your application has been approved, the rates that will apply will be established according to your areas of expertise and your working language combinations.
2. What tools should I be familiar with?
At BigBabbling we work with the main computer-assisted translation tools and we expect our translators to be able to use them too, since they streamline work and improve quality. We consider knowledge of SDL Trados and the platform Memsource to be essential.
3. How do I know that a project has been assigned to me?
When assigning you a translation, our project managers will send you an email containing a project order (PO), which will include the following: assigned project manager, project reference number, source and target languages, type of translation, established rate, delivery date, and delivery method.
If you have been assigned a sworn translation, the PO will also include detailed information on when the courier will pick up the document.
You must answer this email no more than 2 hours after receiving it and accept the conditions of the project. A link to our collaboration conditions will be included in this confirmation email. You must accept these in order to start working with us.
4. Who should I contact if I have any questions whilst completing the job?
If you have any questions or need clarification on something to do with the work you are carrying out, please get in touch with the project manager assigned to the project. They will be able to assist you with anything you need. You can contact your project manager via phone, email or the chat on our website.
5. It is the weekend and I urgently need to clarify some questions I have about the work to be done. What can I do?
You can write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the subject as “URGENT” plus the reference number of the project concerned. We will then be able to assist you with anything you need immediately.
6. I have finished the translation. What should I do before delivering it to my project manager?
Before delivering the translation, you should check the following:
1) the format and layout of the document
2) the spelling and grammar, using specific software
3) the integrity and accuracy of the translated text and that it conforms to the source text (also review diagrams, figures and dates, if present in the text)
4) any specific terminology and terminological consistency by using glossaries, specialised dictionaries and reference material, if any has been provided by BigBabbling Services
5) that the text has been properly localized
6) the style and linguistic register; these must correspond to those of the source text
7. How do I deliver the translation?
For standard translations, you should deliver the translation in the format specified when the project was confirmed.
For sworn translations, you should first send us a scanned copy of the document and then prepare the sworn translation for the courier. Please staple the translation to the original document and place it in a white envelope. Then, when the courier arrives, simply hand over the sealed envelope.
8. The computer/scanner has stopped working; this will impede timely delivery of the translation. What should I do?
Please inform us of any problems you may have with your computer or scanner as soon as possible. We can then notify the client and let you know how to proceed. If the problem is to do with your computer or your internet connection, we recommend that you go to a centre that offers computer access so that you can use their computers and internet connection to send us the translation. To do this, you should, of course, have previously saved a copy of your work online or on a memory stick. If the problem is to do with the scanner or printer that you need for the delivery of a sworn translation, we recommend that you go to a copy shop, so that the translation can still be delivered on time.
9. The courier did not come to pick up the sworn translation at the agreed time. What should I do?
Please inform us via email or telephone of any problems that may arise with the courier, so that we can solve any issues according to the specific needs of each project.
10. Mistakes have been found in my translation. What must I do?
If we should contact you due to having found mistakes in your work, you must make all the modifications needed for the translation to meet our quality standards. You do not have the right to any additional compensation for these modifications. We will contact you via email, sending you a request for correction, which you should respond to it as soon as possible.
Should mistakes be found in a sworn translation, you will have to review and correct them and then reprint the sworn translation before signing and stamping it again. You must then send us a digital copy by email and the original document by courier, covering the costs incurred yourself.
11. How should I invoice my work?
As indicated in our terms and conditions of collaboration, you should send your invoice to email@example.com at the end of the month during which you completed the work being invoiced. The invoice should include the following information:
BigBabbling Services S.L.U.
VAT NUMBER: ESB93587954
C/Esperanto 8, Centro de Negocios “Oficinas 10”
The invoice should only include projects completed during the same month. For each project you should state:
– the project reference number
– and the delivery date
12. What date should I put on my invoice?
The date stated on the invoice must correspond to the last day of the month during which the projects included were completed. We do not accept partial invoices or invoices that include several months’ worth of completed projects. Should your invoice not comply with these conditions, BigBabbling Services S.L.U. will suspend payment until it receives a correct invoice.
For invoices that are received after the fifth day of the following month, processing and therefore payment will be delayed until the month following the one agreed upon.
13. When will my invoice be paid?
All invoices will be paid via bank transfer within 60 days after the end of the calendar month stated in the date of the invoice, unless otherwise stipulated when the work was confirmed.
Any other questions?
Just contact us and we will answer as soon as possible. Thank you!